2019-05-24 Product news
Alfa Laval introduces comprehensive distribution, service and separation competence center
Newly expanded facility opens in Greenwood, In.
On Monday, June 10, 2019 Alfa Laval celebrated the grand opening of its newly expanded facility in Greenwood, IN.
(Pictured left-to-right: John Piazza, Senior Vice President US Food and Water Division; Ross Glendinning, Senior Vice Preseident US Service Division; Jo Vanhoren, President of Alfa Laval North America; Tom Callon, Americas Distribution Center Factory Manager)
Closer to our customers
Alfa Laval’s new automated distribution center, state-of-the-art service center and separation competence center will reduce customer lead times, strengthen product and service support, and provide customers direct access to separation technology experts.
“Our customers need access to expertise and genuine spare parts throughout the life cycle of their products and systems,” says John Piazza, senior vice president, Food and Water Division, Alfa Laval USA.
With this expansion, Alfa Laval has the largest stock, the most service centers, and the most field service technicians to ensure our customers can keep their equipment running optimally. In addition, the separation competence center will give our customers access to the highest levels of centrifugal separation expertise available in the industry.
An automated picking and packing system means customers can expect enhanced benefits including:
- Faster and more accurate shipments
- Access to more than 30,000 unique, Genuine Alfa Laval spare parts on the shelves, 500,000 spare parts in our system and ready to ship from a centralized location
- Next day delivery – in most cases, orders received by 6:30 p.m. will be delivered to the customer by 10 a.m. the next morning
Service center upgrades will allow Alfa Laval to respond more quickly to customer needs for reconditioning and repair of heat exchangers, decanters or high-speed separators:
- Water jet plate cutting utilizes 40,000 pounds of compact, pressurized water with a high-performance garnet abrasive to precisely cut steel plates to order
- Plate heat exchanger dye-penetrant booth to better check plates for damage
- Upgraded oven to more efficiently cure gasket adhesives
- New Decanter test station fits all SG3-805 units, with rotating feed zone
The innovative, new separation competence center will offer factory acceptance and other product testing. Customers will also be able to get hands-on training from Alfa Laval experts on everything from product disassembly, inspection, and rebuilds to operations and maintenance.
The Greenwood facility is one part of Alfa Laval’s extensive investment in the United States, which includes a brazed heat exchanger production unit in Richmond, Va., and a spiral heat exchanger production facility in Broken Arrow, Okla. Both feature state-of-the-art product service and advanced expertise and support.