Ten top tips for Belt Filter Presses
Ten top tips to keep your Belt filter press in tip top condition
- Ensure the key operating parameters (belt speed, solids density, feed rate) match the original design specifications.
- Keep polymer mixing valve manifold and injection ring clean.
- Check and keep a uniform sludge thickness across the belt.
- Check belt seam and integrity regularly.
- Monitor and maintain the spray bar. Keep nozzles free from debris and blockages. DO NOT over tighten the hand wheel. This could cause damage to the internal seals and a loss of wash water pressure or leakage.
- Ensure the upper and lower dewatering belts are properly tensioned and steering system adjusted to achieve optimized performance and belt life.
- The smooth (flattened) side of the belt faces the sludge. Turn the rough side toward the rollers.
- Lubricate each roller bearing per the indicated frequency noted in the O&M manual lubrication schedule. Use only lubricants listed in your O&M manual.
- Keep service area and belt press surroundings clean. Always clean parts thoroughly before assembly.
- Use only genuine spare parts for guaranteed performance, reliability and equipment life. Maintain stock of key spares like grease, oil, and process wear parts.
You may also be interested in:
How can we help?