Lab and pilot testing for municipal and industrial water and wastewater
Test your sludge to achieve optimum results
Achieving the sludge thickening and dewatering results you want is important. To ensure that the solution you choose will have the results you need, Alfa Laval has a full testing lab to determine the best solution for your specific application. Pilot equipment may also be available for field testing, depending on the application.
Why test your sludge at Alfa Laval’s full testing lab?
- Whether a new application, retrofit, or a change in process, testing ensures you are provided with the best solutions
- Sample can be tested for performance for a range of different technologies – to help identify optimum equipment for your process
- Testing can determine process changes that can be made to improve performance
- When testing a representative sample of sludge, a performance guarantee can be made
The lab testing process
Your sample will arrive at Alfa Laval’s ISO 9001 certified lab in a specialized sample container (provided to you by Alfa Laval). Sludge characteristic testing (solids, pH, temperature, volatiles, etc.) will be the first step to verify properties. Polymer screening will then occur to investigate performance and flocculation properties of the sludge for a range of different polymer options. Then the product/polymer combinations will be tested for a variety of equipment types to help determine technology options.
Finally, a full report will be created detailing the characteristics determined, as well as polymer and equipment recommendations. Complete testing takes 1-2 business weeks.
The Alfa Laval testing lab in Houston, TX follows Standard Method 2540 procedures.
Pilot testing available
Test a product in your facility to experience different scenarios
Allows you to try equipment directly on your process
- Pilot trailers available for centrifuge, belt press, rotary drum thickener, and Iso-Disc cloth media filter units
Certain costs may apply depending on test
Interested in lab testing or pilot testing for your facility?
Contact your local Alfa Laval regional manager to initiate a conversation about your application
You may also be interested in:
Wastewater webinars on demand
Learn about the key fundamentals of secondary biological and tertiary treatment and the solutions for increasing available water resources, reducing intake of new water, limiting effluent flow loads to sewers and minimizing costs.