The Alfa Laval Kathabar FV design recovers both sensible and latent energy using a vertical configuration to provide efficient, effective performance. It offers the lowest air pressure drop, smallest footprint, and lowest equipment costs in our range. The vertical conditioner is designed for use in industrial buildings and production rooms, which often have limited floor space and high ceilings. They are flexible enough to incorporate multiple conditioners and single or multiple regenerators.
Flexible design for precise control
- Vertical airflow discharge and an optional process fan (up to 36,000 CFM)
- Industrial-grade fiberglass housing, internal parts of engineered plastic
- Vertical, seal-less, freestanding fiberglass pump and tank assembly
- Design that is easy to integrate with other air system components
- Inlet air filtration plenums, kathene solution filters
This conditioner can be designed with air discharge fans in upblast, front, or rear positions. Sizes delivering up to 84,000 CFM are available as skidded solutions, with the pump, heat exchanger, and control panel factory-mounted on a skid base, complete with liquid desiccant piping.
FV1200 Conditioner with pump tank and heat exchanger skid
Vertical discharge conditioner overview
A. Process fan and motor assembly with VFD
B. Fan to tower adapter plenum with mist eliminator access door
C. Industrial-grade fiberglass housing with inspection windows
D. Inlet air filter plenum with Merv 8 disposable filters
E. Pump tank assembly with:
- Vertical, seal-less non-metallic desiccant pump with titanium shaft and VFD control
- Desiccant solution filter
- Desiccant solution level transmitter
F. Electric panel with local HMI touchscreen
G. Alfa Laval plate and frame desiccant solution cooler with titanium plates
To reduce field piping Alfa Laval’s Kathabar conditioners come packaged from our factory for simple installation. The pump tank assembly, electric panel, and cooler are mounted on a FRP curbed skid complete with CPVC desiccant solution piping between the pump, cooler, and spray connection, as well as the wiring from integrated components to the electric panel. This skid ships separate from the conditioner tower for easy transit and installation. It should be connected in the field to the conditioner sump and field wiring to the fan (if provided) is to be completed.
Precise humidity control achieved with use of the below integral components:
- Air temperature and humidity sensor
- Coolant control valve with electronic actuator
- Modulating desiccant solution transfer valves
Real time performance monitoring and intelligent troubleshooting is obtained by using the following elements:
- Spray temperature and pressure transmitters
- Desiccant flow verification meter
- Guided wave radar digital desiccant level transmitter
- Conductive high-level switch
Service and spare parts
Partnering with Alfa Laval for the startup, support, service, and replacement parts of your Kathabar Liquid Desiccant Dehumidification system will ensure your dehumidification system is always working at top performance.
Do you have a temperature or humidity challenge? Alfa Laval has a flexible solution to help you solve it – simply and efficiently, with minimal stress and cost.