The Kathabar FH design is ideal for applications with height limitations that prohibit the use of the FV series. They fit well with downstream AHUs and can easily be installed in custom air-handling units for a total packaged installation. The horizontal conditioners are commonly used in commercial buildings, hospitals and labs that lack the headroom and require a horizontal airflow approach. They are flexible enough to incorporate multiple conditioners and multiple regenerators.
Easily adapted for horizontal AHUs
- Horizontal inlet and discharge airflow
- Industrial-grade fiberglass housing, internal parts of engineered plastic
- Vertical, seal-less, freestanding fiberglass pump and tank assembly
- Designed for integration with other air system components and easy installation into custom AHUs
- Desiccant solution distributed without sprays
The FH conditioner is designed for airflows from 5,000 to 84,000 CFM. All sizes are available as skidded solutions, with the pump, heat exchanger, and control panel factory-mounted on a skid base, complete with liquid desiccant piping.
Alfa Laval Kathabar FH
A. Horizontal air inlet
B. Industrial-grade fiberglass housing
C. Pump tank assembly with:
- Vertical, seal-less non-metallic desiccant pump with titanium shaft and VFD control
- Desiccant solution filter
- Desiccant solution level transmitter
D. Electric panel with local HMI touchscreen
E. Alfa Laval plate and frame desiccant solution cooler with titanium plates
To reduce field piping Alfa Laval’s Kathabar conditioners come packaged from our factory to simplify installation. The pump tank assembly, electric panel, and cooler are mounted on a FRP curbed skid complete with CPVC desiccant solution piping between the pump, cooler, and spray connection, as well as the wiring from integrated components to the electric panel. This skid ships separate from the conditioner tower for easy transit and installation and should be connected in the field to the conditioner sump.
Precise humidity control achieved with use of the below integral components:
- Air temperature and humidity sensor
- Coolant control valve with electronic actuator
- Modulating desiccant solution transfer valves
Real-time performance monitoring and intelligent troubleshooting is obtained with the following elements:
- Spray temperature and pressure transmitters
- Desiccant flow verification meter
- Guided wave radar digital desiccant level transmitter
- Conductive high-level switch
Service and spare parts
Partnering with Alfa Laval for the startup, support, service, and replacement parts of your Kathabar Liquid Desiccant Dehumidification system will ensure your dehumidification system is always working at top performance.
Do you have a temperature or humidity challenge? Alfa Laval has a flexible solution to help you solve it – simply and efficiently, with minimal stress and cost.