Sludge thickening and dewatering equipment rebuilds
Restore and improve decanter centrifuge and belt press performance — for less than the cost of capital equipment
If the reliability and performance of your dewatering and thickening equipment have become less than optimal over the years, it may be time to consider an equipment rebuild. Rebuilding or upgrading equipment can save a wastewater treatment plant significant costs by avoiding expensive engineering or structural expenditures associated with new equipment. With decades of expertise, Alfa Laval can restore your decanter centrifuge, gravity belt thickener or belt filter press to original, or better, performance. New technology may also be able to be retrofit to older equipment, boosting performance or improving efficiency.
Whether you’re looking to increase capacity, improve cake dryness, reduce maintenance costs and more, trust Alfa Laval to deliver the process results you need.
The rebuild / upgrade process
Trust Alfa Laval to bring the highest level of technical expertise and top technology available in the industry today. The retrofit / rebuilds process entails:
- A discussion with an Alfa Laval process expert to determine your goals
- A full evaluation of your existing equipment to determine condition, and possible improvements
- A thorough quotation detailing the work recommended
- A project manager will be assigned to manage your project and support your needs as it progresses
- Work will be completed either at your location or at one of Alfa Laval’s fully equipped U.S. based facilities
- A final report will be issued, detailing the work completed
- On site start-up provided as required for the project
White paper: Rebuild/upgrade your belt press and save 30-40% the cost of buying new
Learn how you can breathe life back into your older belt press or belt thickener, what improvements can be made, and how the process works so that you can decide if it’s the right choice for your process.
Case story: Recovering lost belt press performance
A southern U.S. refinery was seeing performance drop off from two almost 30-year old belt filter presses. They were thinking “replacement”, but Alfa Laval saw a way to restore performance at a much lower cost.