Pure Air dehumidification systems
Alfa Laval Pure Air Dehumidification Systems provide precise control of demanding OR (operating room) conditions needed by surgical staff that both comply with mandated performance requirements and comfort levels, but most importantly, to realize best possible patient outcomes.
Control temperature and relative humidity, and improve indoor air quality
- Optimize operating room environment for staff and patients
- Enhance cleanliness level of air supplied to the OR
- Prevention of Healthcare Infection
- Precise RH control; Consistent cooling
- Patented HVAC germicidal protection; Energy and utility savings
The ability to simultaneously cool and dehumidify an air stream is unique to the Alfa Laval Pure Air technology. This translates into lowered operating costs and more efficient performance, while removing any bacteria, fungi or viruses that may be present.
Most cost efficient heat transfer technology
• Meets ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air conditioning Engineers) 170 OR temp/RH (relative humidity) requirement and surgical staff comfort
• Employs standard facility cooling and heating utilities
• Green technology, able to use waste heat for regeneration
• Minimal maintenance
• Highly effective desiccant dehumidifier
• Eliminates microbial contamination from HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) system
• Kills bacteria, mold and viruses; bacterial removal efficacy up to 99.999%
• Proactive technology to aid in preventing HAI (Healthcare Acquired Infection)
HAIs linked to OR HVAC systems
ASHRAE / ASHE recognize HVAC as possible source for microbial contamination
Within areas like OR ventilation systems, moist surfaces promote growth of biofilms that are reservoirs for pathogens. Contaminated HVAC systems operate as generators of viable microbial matter, impacting Hospital Acquired Infections throughout hospitals.
This environmental microbial contamination affects patient outcomes, tremendously increasing the chances of Hospital Acquired Infections.
The ability to simultaneously cool and dehumidify an airstream is unique to the Alfa Laval Pure Air technology. This translates into lowered operating costs and more efficient performance, while removing any bacteria, fungi or viruses that may be present.
The Alfa Laval Pure Air liquid desiccant system (LDS) technology uses an absorbent solution - Kathene - which removes moisture from air as it moves through a conditioning spray chamber within the conditioner tower. Control of the space RH level from 20-60% at +/-1% is achieved.
Dilute solution collects within the system sump and is transferred to the regenerator where the moisture is removed. The concentrated solution is then transferred back to the conditioner.
Conversely, humidity may be added to the air stream by heating inlet air and providing deionized (DI) or reverse osmosis (RO) make-up water to the conditioner sump.
Robust, reliable system
Alfa Laval Pure Air LDS technology is engineered for reliable peak performance for the demanding environments in healthcare:
- SPD (sterile processing department)
- Burn and Trauma
Pure Air LDS technology
The Pure Air LDS technology is the optimal method for maintaining any critical environment. Required temperature and RH levels, staff/patient comfort levels and sanitized air are all attained.
• Free standing pump and pump
tank assembly with sealless
• Housing of industrial grade fiberglass
construction with internal
parts of non-metallic engineered
• Integral fan/housing with inlet air
• Optional base platform with FRP
(fiberglass reinforced polyester)
SP600 (Small Packaged)
• Self-contained conditioner and
regenerator into a single package
• All wiring, controls and solution
• Standard base platform with FRP
• Airflow to 7,500 CFM
• Conditioner and regenerator
• Horizontal end-suction conditioner
and regenerator pumps with
sealess magnetic coupled motors
• Airflow from to 7,500 CFM
• Integral fan/housing
• Free standing pump and pump
tank assembly with sealess
• Housing of industrial grade
fiberglass construction with
internal parts of non-metallic
• Inlet air filtration plenum
• Integral solution filtration
• Optional packaged arrangement
with base platform of FRP clad
construction and all components
mounted, piped and wired
Unparalleled critical environment control
Alfa Laval Pure Air Dehumidification Systems provide precise control of demanding OR conditions needed by surgical staff that both comply with mandated performance requirements and comfort levels, but most importantly, to realize best possible patient outcomes.
The Pure Air technology has many advantages over traditional HVAC systems:
• Ability to use existing facility CW (chilled water) system (42-48° F) to meet lower OR temperatures and required RH levels
• Lowers energy requirements
• Provides sanitized air to critical environments
• Reduces environmental microbial load to aid in control of HAI
• Acts as a highly effective desiccant dehumidifier
Are your hospital’s lungs healthy?
In this podcast, Beyond Clean – the global voice for sterile processing, describes an HVAC system as the lungs of the hospital. But that same set of lungs, or HVAC system, is capable of allowing biofilms living inside, where it's the perfect moisture laden environment for dangerous microorganisms to thrive and be carried throughout the hospital.
In this candid podcast, Alfa Laval's Pat Leach discusses the only technology and solution that combines liquid desiccant dehumidification and ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) to disinfect the air, remove pathogens in the air stream, and ensure that the air we breathe is helping rather than hurting healthcare workers and the patients they serve.