5308/5309 Series Ball Valve
Alfa Laval 5308/5309 Series Ball Valves are designed for use as a product valve, and are available with pneumatic actuators or manually-operated handles. Ideal for applications that involve high operating pressure and temperatures as well as where the use of pigging systems is required.
Reliable full-flow performance
Alfa Laval 5308/5309 Series Ball Valve are full-bore flow valves that provide on/off control with minimal pressure drop. The valve opening has a constant pipeline diameter, which enables fluids to flow freely through the valves when open. Flow restriction is comparable to that of a straight tube. This makes the valve suitable for:
- Handling fluids that are viscous or contain solid, semi-solid or abrasive particles
- Use wherever pigging of process lines is a major consideration
- Applications that require gentle product treatment
- CIP applications
Compact, simple ball valve design
Easy to build into most any process line, Alfa Laval 5308/5309 Series Ball Valve feature a straightforward floating ball design, which guarantees a tight seal and permits axial movement while preventing rotation. They are water hammer-safe and completely insensitive to pressure shocks in the pipelines.
Easy-to-maintain ball valves
The three-piece valve design with few moving parts enables easy access to all valve components, making maintenance quick and easy. Durable PTFE valve seats help prolong service intervals. No special tools required for maintenance.
Hygienic ball valve range
The Alfa Laval hygienic ball valve range consists of two standard valve models.
- SBV with either manual handle or automated operation for applications that involve high operating pressures up to 16 bar and temperatures up to 150°C, and where the use of pigging systems is required.
- Tri-Clover® ball valves for applications that require full flow with minimal flow turbulence and pressure drop. An optional encapsulated seat is available for applications where reducing the risk of potential product entrapment is important.
For more information, please refer to Documentation.
How it works
The Alfa Laval 5308/5309 Series Ball Valve consists of a valve body, two flanges, PTFE valve seats, ball, stem unit and a handle for manual operation. For quick and easy inspection and maintenance, the valve easily assembles and disassembles with welded-end flange screws.
A precision-made ball with a bore, or opening, is positioned inside the valve body between two flanges and two PTFE valve seats
- Quarter-turn handle for manual operation
- Fittings in accordance with required standard (ISO or DIN)
- PTFE encapsulated valve seats
Part of a broad valve range
For a broader valve range, explorer the different product categories: butterfly valves, control/check valves, diaphragm valves, double seal valves, double seat valves, regulating valves, safety valves, sample valves, shutter valves and single seat valves.